






I turned 25 this year, on May 25th. It was weird being away from my triplet sisters for the first time on our birthday. I'm usually with at least one of them. Secretly, I was hoping I would get to fly to Hawaii and spend our birthday together like last year. Even though that didn't happen, I was happy to celebrate with my adorable baby boy and amazing husband.
It's funny, all I really wanted for my birthday was to go to Chili's (lame). I am always craving their chocolate lava cake for dessert- mmmmm! I got what I wanted and spent a low-key day with my family. Drew's mom and sister were also in town and were kind enough to watch Van while Drew and I had some alone time.
I was talking to my husband and we decided each birthday is sort of a chance to start over. Just like on New Years, we can set new goals. This year I want to be more aware. I want to be aware of the sort of example I am setting for my son.
So here's to 25 years! I thought celebrating my birthday by myself like a "normal" person was something I was missing out on. Turns out the only thing missing was my sisters. Birthdays are a lot cooler when you get to share. Maybe next year!
For some reason that last picture is my absolute favorite... you are such an awesome mommy!
ReplyDeletepictures frame worthy! And now I want chilis molton cake! I'm glad you had a good bday even without the sistas. But i especially love how you said bdays can be like new years.. love that.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are so beautiful - it really shows the happy bond you have with that cute lil' one! HBD!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new reader and I am just enthralled with you and your sisters' blogs! Your little boy is just the sweetest!
ReplyDeletewww.reflectionsofacollegegirl.blogspot.com
you two are the cutest! happy birthday :)
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing at 25, being a beautiful newly mom and all! Birthdays will never be the same with that adorable face Van has!
ReplyDeleteAWE LOVE THAT FIELD LOVE YOUR HAIR LOVE YOUR BABY LOVE YOUR OUTFIT LOVE YOU! happy 25th sissy poo!
ReplyDeleteawe i loved what you wrote, so sweet sister. we missed you and thought of you all day. glad you got your chilis cake you cute thing! drew and van are the best! xoxox love what you said about your goal. you the best mama and ecample to me too!
Deletehaha totally agree about the chilis lava cakes! Cant wait to have one when I get back in the states! Happy Birthday! Your hair is beautiful, you are beautiful and baby is a stud!
ReplyDelete