Tuesday, November 01, 2011

costume time

this weekend i went to visit my brother and his family in jerome. they just moved in their new house and let me join their halloween festivities since drew was out of town. my cute little niece harper was little red riding hood, so i dressed as the big bad wolf disguised as granny. 
harper's grandma made her darling costume. i threw together a shower cap and crocheted wolf ears last minute. found some glasses at the thrift store and megan happened to have the perfect muumuu. 
"oh, what big eyes you have!" 
harper and i were trunk or treating partners and she was the cutest little red riding hood i've ever seen. she held my hand the whole time and i felt honored to be her auntie. harper loves candy and everybody fell in love with her.
 that night we made sugar cookies. i was worried this year was going to be lame since we aren't in college anymore with parties to attend nor do we have cute little children to dress up and take trick or treating. but thanks to chase and meg it was so much fun!
 yesterday, we dressed up as pumpkins. we made a little pumpkin patch. i found jimmy's costume and just about died of cuteness. so we went with it and got t-shirts to match. i crocheted a pumpkin lid headband because i was too lazy to make the whole hat.
this picture cracks me up. it'd be a lot sweeter if it were a baby. drew's a good sport.
 oh, that over the shoulder pose kills me! last night we met up with our friends tanner and dar and went out to eat in downtown. we explored the streets spying on trick or treaters and ended the night with caramel apples and a scary movie. i'm not a huge fan of scary movies, and it made me feel better that dar was hiding behind her blanket too.

10 comments :

  1. o my gosh this is ridiculously adorable. you made the CUTEST granny ever, harper the cutest lil red riding hood, jimmy and the fam the CUTEST pumpkin patch EVER! so adorable i can hardly believe my eyes. your eyes by the way look INCREDIBLE! is that just a lot of thick eye liner or what? amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pumpkin headband is so cute! never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The bangs on you Megan! Soooo dang cute! good choice! I loved that you were pumpkins! Jake and I were pumpkins to! So fun! The pumpkin head band is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little pumpkin hat is too cute! I love the bangs too, and can i say that drew's hair is AWESOME! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay...that wolf-as-little-old-granny-costume is brilliant :) And i'm sure you were one proud aunt! Your niece is ADORABLE as little red riding hood.

    loved that shot of the decorated halloween sugar cookies :) and I'm glad that Drew got back so you 3 could dress up as the cutest pumpkin fam. ever. That fantastic pumpkin headband is adorable on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so obsessed. cutest post of all time

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved having you here...you made Harper's costume that much cuter. And you guys are quite the adorable pumpkins, too. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your niece are adorrrrable! I love that you were the big bad granny!
    And I wish I could crochet just so that I can make myself a pumpkin lid headband! So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drew should definitely try out for a church video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome post. For reals. 3 pumpkins?! And your little pumpkin top! adorable. sorry, I'm blog stalking and reading posts from October!!! lol

    ReplyDelete